Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Cryptogram updates

Hello everyone
You will not need to have my books to solve the cryptograms that I am leaving at each blog stop on my tour. I created these to challenge you. I am not going to provide a cipher key to help you, the challenge of this is for you to figure the cryptograms out for yourselves. I actually solve cryptograms every night before I go to bed without any help of a cipher key. But here is some information to help you if you are not familiar with cryptograms. What I am using is called a substitution cipher, what this means is that I am substituting one letter of the alphabet for another. This is the same kind of cipher I am using in my books.
No letter ever stands for itself, for example, a C will not stand for a C. The most common three-letter words include; the, and, but, for & are. Common two letter words are; it, is, of & in. The order of frequency of the most used letters in the English language is; E, T, A, O, I, N, S, H, R, D, L, U. Think of your blends and digraphs and that will help you. I am offering a free book to anyone who can solve all of my cryptograms and e-mails the answers to me at the end of my tour. I hope this helps everyone.

Just in case you cannot find the cryptograms that I have left behind so far, here they are.

1)

VXY ZYSTHHTHSF NK PEE VXTHSF PJY FGPEE.

2)

OPR JDLR DM NRTSOU XTBOQ OD NR NDWV BV OPR PRTWO DM RLRWU APBJH.

3)

OLRZPAR TPXB, LR LW BCWD RP HBTLBXB RZCR JBCRZ LW GLICT, HAR OLRZ LR—LKNPWWLHTB!

4)

FLGWG NX J FNIG CRW ANENZM JZO J FNIG CRW MNENZM GVSWGXXNRZ FR ANCG

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this - I'm going to try like crazy to solve these cryptograms. I am finding your tours very interesting and am looking forward to getting the books to read - E :)

    ReplyDelete